Posts Tagged ‘search engine marketing’
With the right web platform, businesses are able to have access to a rich and powerful web application framework with a supporting cast of tools, servers, and technologies to help them succeed on the web.
By choosing a web developer for your website, you are choosing a framework (PHP, .NET) with their own advantages and disadvantages. A web developer will choose the framework for developing a website depending on the requirements and his or her technical proficiency.
PHP framework is an open source application, usually chosen by people who wish to have a short term solution and save money. Even though add-ons may be available, they may not be easily integrated into your website or may not be the best fit for your company.
Unlike PHP, .NET is not an open source and does not come for free. This framework is compatible with a number of programming languages like VB.NET, ASP.NET, C# etc and gives you plenty of access to offline and professional support. A number of high end programs are developed with the help of .NET. Though working with .NET involves paying a cost it is considered worthy of its price. Dot NET applications are generally used for the corporate sites where more stability is required. For sites that have many functionality and use .NET is highly preferred by developers.
The Use of Content Management System (CMS)
Once the website is launched you need to operate and market it to drive traffic to your website. It is important to have a sophisticated content management system that allows you to maintain, edit and operate a website on a daily basis with ease and efficiency. Sometimes CMS software deployments fail due to technology choices. The main cause of CMS solution failures lie in poor or non-decisions about CMS software and CMS implementation essentials such as web publishing models, web content governance and assignment of enterprise content management responsibilities. To achieve successful CMS implementation, consider these guidelines as CMS software deployment essentials:
- Web Content Migration
- Web 2.0 Standards and Templates
- Web Content Creation
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Web Content Modification and Reuse
- Monitoring and Progress
- Ease of Operation
Content Management System and Search Engine Optimization
Content management and search engine optimization are inter-related. The quality and relevance of your web content along with its appeal to the search engines are considered the main magnets of web traffic.
Solid content is the key to a successful website. With CMS you are able to keep track of URLs and meta data for all your pages. In addition, CMS can provide an efficient way to syndicate the content you create to other websites.
Similar to a blog, it can also keep track of who created the content and when. CMS allows you and your staff to create and update content and graphics quickly and without the use of additional programs such as Microsoft FrontPage or Adobe Dreamweaver and costs associated with using these programs.
Using CMS has benefits for your search engine rankings as well. CMS platform gives you the ability to insert SEO-friendly tactics directly into CMS templates. Each content type or content category can be assigned its own section of your website. This allows the CMS to create keyword-rich, search engine friendly URLs easily. Your meta data and title tags can be managed in a central location also, making changes simpler and faster.
To take advantage of both worlds — the convenience and management advantages of a CMS and the site promotion advantages of SEO — you need a search engine optimizing CMS. It is important that CMS solution you choose allows non-technical users to easily specify keyword rich URLs, title tags, descriptions and image alt text. The system should provide feedback on these elements in terms of how they will impact the page’s performance for selected keywords. This kind of CMS allows users to create and optimize content in one tool rather than having to switch back and forth between a CMS and a set of SEO tools.
Is your website floundering? Does it gather more dust than visitors? Don’t worry – there are many ways you can jump start it and generate more traffic. You can do this without hiring a web expert or spending any money. While some of these methods require an investment of time, they won’t cost you a dime. Here is a list below:
1) Add content. Create, maintain and update the content on your website. If you are selling something, write articles or post information about it. If you are providing information, make sure that you have more than a list of links for your customers to browse. High quality content that is updated regularly will keep your customers coming back for more.
2) Article Marketing. Sign up for an account with EzineArticles or some other free article database. Write articles and include a tagline about your website in the author section. Be sure to write informative content about your business, what it offers, and why people should buy your product or use your services.
3) Forum Posting. Include a signature for each of your forum posts containing your domain name along with a tagline.
4) Social Bookmarking Sites. This is probably one of the easiest ways to generate traffic. Simply create an account with Digg or StumbleUpon and begin submitting your own articles.
5) Write and Send Newsletters Regularly. Newsletters remind your customers that your site is still there. Even if people don’t visit your site every time you send one, you still keep your site in their mind. Also, since it is email it is easy for your readers to send it to their friends, thus increasing your potential customer base.
6) Forum Posting. Include a signature for each of your forum posts containing your domain name along with a tagline.
7) Submit Your Site To Directories. You don’t need to pay for directories; there are a lot of free ones out there. Submit your website to as many as you can.
8) Blog Regularly. Be sure to notify (or ping) aggregators and search engines when you post new content.
9) Run a Contest or Promotion. Contests will revitalize your site almost instantly. And if you have a good prize, you will get people to spread the word. Be sure to include an official rules page, and find out if there are any disclaimers in your state regarding contests.
10) Increase Your Mailing List. By collecting visitor email addresses, you can easily send articles and advertisements directly to their inboxes, and encourage them to return to your website.
11) Submit Sitemaps. To ensure that search engines know about all of your website’s pages, create a sitemap in XML format and submit it to all of the large search engines. Some popular search engines that accept sitemaps include Google, Yahoo, MSN Live, and Ask.
12) Social Networking Sites. Last but not least – there are many social networking websites like Facebook, Linkedn, and Twitter that you need to be participating in. If you have an account, be sure to include your url in your portfolio, along with a brief explanation about you are are or what you sell, if applicable.
Good luck! These tips will help increase your website’s visibility and traffic and they won’t put you in the poorhouse.
1. Pop-up Windows.
3. Animations and Sounds.
4. Annoying Restrictions.
Sometimes websites limit the actions that can be taken by visitors. For example, you have probably seen the websites which stop users from viewing the source code, saving images, or highlighting text.
This can be accomplished by CSS by using the ‘hover’ state to shift the position of an element or show a new element. Either way, rollovers are rarely crucial to the usability of a web page.
Redirection and Form Validation
Animation and Pop-ups
There are many good ways to market your website. We made a list of some of the best. While some of these methods require an investment, most of them do not. Check out our list below:
1. Article Marketing.
Sign up for an account with Ezine Articles or some other article database, write articles, and include a tagline about your website in the about the author section.
2. Blog Regularly.
Be sure to notify (or ping) aggregators and search engines when you post new content.
3. Comment On Popular Blogs.
Most blogs allow you to enter a URL when you comment. Take advantage of this by writing a useful content and posting your domain.
4. Social Networking Sites.
5. Social Bookmarking Sites.
This is probably one of the easiest ways to generate traffic. Simply create an account with Digg or StumbleUpon and begin submitting your own articles.
6. Email At Your Domain.
To get your domain name out there, create an email account at your domain. And if you still want to use gmail (or other free email services), consider forwarding your email.
7. Forum Posting.
Include a signature for each of your forum posts containing your domain name along with a tagline.
8. Optimize For Search Engines.
Organic search will bring you highly targeted traffic. If you do not have the skills to optimize your website, consider hiring an SEO expert; it will be worth the effort.
9. Submit Your Site To Directories.
There are numerous free (and paid) directories to which you can submit your website for inclusion.
Unfortunately, this method is not free, however it does generate a lot of traffic quickly. Google’s AdWords will give you the most traffic, but you can also consider similar programs at other large search engines such as Yahoo or Ask.
11. Submit Sitemaps.
To ensure that search engines know about all of your website’s pages, create a sitemap inXML format and submit it to all of the large search engines. Some popular search engines that accept sitemaps include Google, Yahoo, MSN Live, and Ask.
12. Press Release.
Similar to article marketing, creating and distributing a press release can result in a wide variety of inbound links. When drafting your press release, be sure to create an informative article about your business, what it offers, and why people should visit your website or use your services.
13. Content is the KING
(we saved the best for last, to make sure you keep reading
Web content is the most important marketing tool available to you. It has to be relevant to your industry, regularly updated and organized for easy finding and reading. Good content=good SEO.
We know these tips will help. You can also learn how Vesta Digital’s IntelBuilder can help your website grow. It is easy, affordable and it is guaranteed to bring you dramatic results. We invite you to browse thru our website to get answers to your questions. For additional information, please feel free to call, email or fill out a Demo request form. Good luck!